HCV near patient screening
– 130-150 million people worldwide have chronic Hep C
– 160,000 cases of acute Hep C were reported in the U.S. in 2009
– Central & East Asia and North Africa have the highest Hep C rates
HCV treatment landscape – Over the past few years, the introduction of direct acting antivirals has revolutionized treatment for Hepatitis C. With short durations, minimum side effects, and over 90% cure rates, campaign for HCV eradication such as No Hep campaign has gradually risen as a top priority on public health agendas as experts have begun to recognize the impact of test and treat initiatives on reducing future healthcare burden. While these new medications are an exciting improvement, at present, only a small percentage of people know their status, and access to affordable and user-friendly tests is vital to the success of these test and treat initiatives.
Foundation of accurate HCV Testing:
– Provision of reliable, high quality, regulatory approved test kits
– Qualified, trained and supported testing personnel
– Quality-assured testing environments that address quality control, equipment management, accurate record-keeping and external quality assessment (EQA) schemes
Our responsibility – As we recognize the need for manufacturers to support this public health agenda, our partners products have taken great lengths to optimize its testing platform with refined bioactive materials and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to ensure that high quality tests can be implemented in the field. To meet the requirements of genotype variability and sub-optimal storage conditions, our partners have gone through great lengths to assure the quality of tests with internal validations and external qualifications that testify to the performance of the tests. We believe we carry the proper experience to meet the demands for quality and consistent supply that are required for manufacturers to responsibly impact the initiative against Hepatitis C.
HCV Care continuum stages –HCV care continuum are series of steps from initial case finding, diagnosis to ultimate SVR and cure